Amiya Mehra (Rep, am2187)
Emma Walter (VP, ew433)
Lucy Cavendish Law Society welcomes all lawyers in the College. Our members include first-time undergraduates, affiliated students, LLM, MCL and PhD students from all over the world.
Every term the Law Society organizes different events. Some of our past events include:
- Freshers’ Tips – a chance for second-year lawyers to share tips and experience with new students.
- Lawyers’ Lunch – an informal gathering of Law students from across the College.
- Guest Speakers – we aim to have at least one guest speaker per term, and invite academics, solicitors, barristers and many other inspiring people to share insights from their work. Recent speakers have included the Rt. Hon Lord Justice Elias and Professor Dalia Leinarte.
- Formal Hall Swaps– we regular attend Formal Halls at other Colleges and invite lawyers from other Colleges to join us for Lucy Cavendish Formal Hall. Formal Hall swaps are a great chance to get to know lawyers from around Cambridge and to sample the food and atmosphere in some ancient dining halls.
- Socials– every once in a while we organize a more informal social get-together with other Colleges, usually in a College bar. The keen ones go out to town afterwards…
- CULS Events– Lucy Cavendish Law Society encourages its members to attend the various events organized by the University Law Society. We try to go these events together as a group which makes them much more enjoyable!
- Book Sale– an opportunity for students to buy and sell secondhand textbooks to one other at a bargain rate..
We also arrange Welcome Drinks for all new Lawyers in October, and a popular Christmas Party.